Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Philosophy:
The El Segundo Unified School District is committed to an educational program that recognizes the unique value, needs, and talents of individual students.Our Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) program is designed to provide access to appropriate and unique learning opportunities through a variety of strategies, including differentiated instruction, project-based learning, and special programs.
The GATE program endeavors to:
- Increase the application of critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Promote social-emotional well-being
- Stimulate creative abilities
- Motivate students to reach their highest potential
- Meet student needs through flexible grouping and opportunities that promote intellectual peer interaction
- Address the needs of a diverse student population
The ESUSD Board of Education recently approved revisions to our qualification requirements for GATE. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions and the Referral Letter below.
Our District GATE Advisory Committee consists of parents, teachers, and administrators led by our GATE Coordinator, Kim Jones
Resources for Parents: